About Our Firm

My photo
Founded in 1997 we are experienced and knowledgeable Tampa attorneys practicing exclusively in Divorce, Family, Stepparent/Relative Adoption, Criminal Defense, and Personal Bankruptcy. We practice primarily in the cities of Tampa, Riverview, Brandon, Valrico, Lithia, Carrollwood, Northdale, North Tampa, Plant City as well as Hillsborough County, Pinellas County and Pasco County. We have offices conveniently located throughout Tampa Bay. Our lawyers have extensive experience practicing in contested and uncontested divorces, including military divorces, and family law, child support, child custody and visitation, relocation of children, alimony, domestic violence, distribution of assets and debts, retirement/pensions (military and private), enforcement and modification of final judgments, paternity actions, adoptions and name changes as well as criminal defense. We offer a free consultation to discuss your options. Please call us at 813-672-1900 or email us at info@familymaritallaw.com to schedule a consultation. Our representation of our clients reflects our dedication to them. We look forwarding to hearing from you! Se habla Español.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Requirements for Obtaining or Renewing your Florida Driver's License

The requirements to obtain a new or to renew a drivers license in Florida have become stringent.  Please make sure that you have all the documents required prior to attempting to either renew or obtain a new Florida Driver's License.  Note that if you renew late, you will have to pay a fine. 

Your name has to be consistent in the identification you provide.  If not, you may have to change your name to the name you are currently using.  I.e., maybe you're using a name that is different from your birth certificate or your name on your social security card. 

All persons requesting a new or renewed driver's license must present the following: We are seeing an increase in the number of clients whose name must be legally changed prior to obtaining their driver's license.  Visit http://www.familymaritallaw.com/CM/Family-Law/Name-Changes.asp for more information on our name change services or contact our office at (813) 672-1900, if you reside or work in Hillsborough County.

Furthermore, if you want to obtain a Florida I.D. Card, these same requirements apply and, unfortunately, you cannot obtain an I.D. online. 


How Is Child Support Calculated In Florida?

When making decisions on child support during a divorce case, there is no one fixed number a judge will use. Instead, many different factors...